Friday 14 October 2011

La La Land Crafts - Inspiration Friday - Halloween



Thank Crunchie its Friday !

It is that time again where us gals over at La La Land Crafts bring you some inspiration and this week its all about Halloween.

Not only do we have inspiration for you but also a SURPRISE RELEASE ! There is another Marci and another Luka to add to your collection. They are being released as digi's first and then stamps in early November so you can hop over to the store and buy yours now ! There is Baking Marci (she is holding a delish apple pie) and Pumpkin Luka (he's holding a.... pumpkin !).

Now when I saw the theme for this challenge as being Halloween, I got this idea in my head of making a spell book from some micro slide holder cards I have but my memory of them was wrong and they were far too small so I looked on Splitcoasters and saw a paper bag book which was perfect. I only used two bags as I have very little Halloween goodies I wouldn't have been able to fill it !

Here we go with all the piccies :



Lovely Irina sent me some Pink Paislee "Hocus Pocus" papers and canvas borders in a DT pack and so I used them.

The image is "Witch Marci" and she has been coloured with a mix of ProMarkers and Copics. The little spider and its web in the corner are from an Inkadinkado set called "Witches Brew"

The ghosts, bats and glittery lettering are all from my stash.



These are the first two pages. I found a great Halloween poem on the internet and so printed it onto one of the sheets of DP. If you click on the picture, you may be able to see what it says !


This is a picture of the tag that I tucked inside the first pocket of the paper bag




I haven't tucked anything inside the pocket on these pages yet. Hopefully the girls will be getting dressed up so I have saved it so I can make another tag and add their photo.


On these pages I printed out the Witches Spell from MacBeth (so doing O Level English at school did pay off after all !!!)


We also have Skeleton Luka and he has been coloured with a mix of ProMarkers and Copics. There is another pocket on this page so I will have to fill that one too.



We hope we have inspired you enough to join in with our scary challenge ! Don't forget to link up in the Customer Gallery if you play along. You could be the lucky winner of our monthly prize.


Hope you have a fantastic Friday and thank you for popping by today !


I am joining in the following challenges :



Charisma Cardz - In stitches (I have used stitching on my papers and tag)






Samuel Taylor's Challenge - Halloween. They have a super prize of a Tim Holtz Configurations Box for one lucky winner !



5 comments:

  1. Hi!Jo this is a work of art and a totally gorgeous one too-so much yummy detail.
    Really lovely idea and a photo of the girls would make it even more special.
    Hope you are well?
    have a lovely weekend,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning Jo!
    Love the stitching and all the details are lush!
    What a fabulous idea too.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation and fabulous details :)

    Thanks so much for playing along at Charisma Cardz this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous book!!. Thanks for joining our challenge at Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...