Wednesday 29 December 2010

Simon Says Challenge - Time to Party/Celebrate


I hope that you all had an enjoyable Christmas with your family and friends. Ours was lovely and the girls were just so excited it was unbelievable !! So lovely to watch them and see their reactions. The main word in use on Christmas morning was "wicked" and that was from Izzy who is only 3 !! She was just beside herself with excitement !

Well, all the snow is now gone and has given way to fog and rain - yuk. It does seem very strange looking out the window and seeing green and I do miss the brightness of the snow. Even when it was cloudy, it was so bright.

Anyway, onto this week's Simon Says Challenge. This week its TIME TO PARTY/CELEBRATE and welcome in the New Year. Me personally I hate New Year's Eve, I always have done and we never celebrate it. We usually stay at home, watch a DVD and then go to bed. When it turns midnight we turn over, say "Happy New Year" and go back to sleep ! (we know its midnight because of all the fireworks !!!). What a misery I am hey ?!!

Here is my card which I'm going to take to some friends of ours today when we go and visit them as I know they celebrate New Year and will appreciate it !!




Our lovely DT member Domi has given us a template of a bottle card and you can find this on the challenge blog. The optional extras to this challenge are to use the template and if you have some, glimmer mist and glitter !

I took up the challenge of the bottle card which is so easy to do and of course the glimmer mist and glitter ! I took inspiration for the details on the bottle from "Cards Magazine" - wow they have some amazing cards in there and are a real inspiration and so I chose certain elements from a few cards in there for this bottle card which I personally think turned out really well, it looks great in real life !!

The DP's are October Afternoon "Report Card".

The label was cut from nestabilities "Labels 1" and the star was cut from nestabilities "Stars"

The calendar stamp is by Maya Road. I have had this particular stamp for a long time and this is the first time its been inked! Maya Road have a similar stamp to the one I used here. You can also buy the scrolls too which I used.

The numbers I cut on my dusty Cricut and I covered them in silver glitter which was from my stash.

I loved the way the "Say it with Pearls" had been used to look like fireworks. Being as tight as I am, I tend to cut these up and just use parts of them so consequently, I had a few different swirls left over in packets ! Here I have used black ones and clear gem ones.

The sentiment in the star is a Melissa Frances transfer called "Holidays".

We hope that you can join us this week in our challenge. The lucky winner will win a $50 postage free shopping spree in the Simon Says Stamp Store - how fantastic is that ?




Well, that just leaves me to wish you all a very Happy New Year. Thank you so much to all of you that visit my blog and leave me such lovely comments. I really do appreciate it especially seeing as the amount of blogging I do has reduced significantly in the past few months. I am not sat here with my feet up ! I am beavering away behind the scenes on personal commissions and also magazine commissions which I am so thrilled and honored to be part of as well as looking after the two girls who keep me running around more and more each week !!


I hope that 2011 is full of fun, laughter, good health, money for crafty goodies and plenty of mojo for us all !


Take care and love you all,





9 comments:

  1. love what you made, all those swirls are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Jo :-) the starry paper is fab and the swirls and bling are goregous :-) I am sure your friends will love this !! :-)

    I won't be celebrating NYE either ,, have to take Amy and her friend to the airport on the 4 am ferry !!!!!

    I will be watching a DVD too and drinking tea !! :-)

    wishing you a Very Happy 2011 :)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your New Year's Card. Best wishes in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog,Totally interesting also extraordinary blog.Give more pictures related to this topic.Thanks for sharing this wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Jo, fabulous details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. E and I appreciate your bottle of wine for your friends. Beautiful f.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bottle card, Jo!! I really love the swirl bling and the background calendar...great choice for a 'new year' theme!! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jo, so glad you had a good Christmas and the girls were so happy, it's pure joy to see all their excitement when they're little I agree. Your card is magnificent, I absolutely adore it and I'm sure your friends will love it too. Can't say I blame you about New Year's Eve, it's definitely over rated LOL. All the best my sweet friend for 2011 to you and yours, I wish you all good things. Hugs, Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...