Wednesday 1 December 2010

Simon Says Challenge - It's Sketch Time !


Helloooo and welcome to a very chilly Wednesday. If you are one of the lucky ones and has snow, enjoy ! We seem to be the only place in the Country with no snow whatsoever, even the next town has snow !! I'm a big kid when it comes to snow so I have no nose pressed against the window at the merest mention of the white stuff !!


Anyway, to fend off the cold why not join us in our challenge over at Simon Says Challenge this week ? We have a very easy, fabulous sketch by our very own Domi for you to use.


The Design Team are also showcasing BasicGrey this week so if you have any BasicGrey products, we would love to see them but its no a condition of the challenge.


The fantastic news is that Heidi is offering throughout the month of December a $50 spending spree in the Simon Says Stamp Store - how amazing is that ?!!





I am totally in lurve with MFT (My Favorite Things) products at the moment and so I decided to use my new collection on my card this week.



The BasicGrey I have used are the DP's which are from the new collection "Marjolaine". Wow, these papers are yummy with gorgeous blue's, green's, cream and espresso.


The image is an MFT Pure Innocence stamp called "Merry Kissmas" and I have coloured it with ProMarkers and Copics. I also added lots of Picket Fence Stickles and also Icicle Stickles.


The flowers I made using the new MFT Die-namics dies which are just fabulous. My flowers aren't perfect yet (wow, you should see the ones their DT make !) but practice makes perfect as they say. The rose in the centre has been cut with the rolled rose die from felt. I have added some sparkles to the centre. The smaller flowers have been cut using the rolled flower die from some Bazzill. I sprayed them all with some Pearl Glimmer Mist.


We look forward to seeing your take on Domi's sketch. For some inspiration, check out the rest of the DT's work over at the challenge blog, they have made some fantastic cards again this week and all so different too.


Thank you for your visit today and for any comments you may leave. Take care and wrap up warm !


Love 'n' hugs,


13 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie,
    I'm so like you when it comes to 'the white stuff' but it has finally arrived here and can't stop looking at the little flakes falling ;-) Hope you get some soon!

    Your card is so yummie! love the cute little image, the rolled flowers are fab and am just loving the colours!

    Have a great day,
    Huggles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear,
    your card is really wonderful!

    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jo, love the image and love the teal colour you have used, come and take our snow if you like hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Jo!! This is an MFT masterpiece!! I love the image and the rolled flowers just look gorgeous with it!! Love the colors too!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card Jo :-)the image is just soo cute and the flowers are fab ,,, love those !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    my parents are snowed in ,,, be carefull what you wish for !! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Jo!! This is a stunning card!!! I love the adorable MFT image and your colouring. The colour combo too is fantastic!!
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gorgeous card Jo.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Jo, love those scrummy papers and your fabulous colouring and glittering of that adorable image. Tiyr fkiowers are gorgeous and look pretty perfect to me - my attempt at these are in the bin!!
    The white stuff is falling hard and fast here at the mo. - very pretty, trouble is my little soft top car doesn't like it so it's 'Shank's Pony' for me at the moment.
    warming hugggles Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors! I really love this sketch (entered the challenge myself) and your take on it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card - I love your flowers and all that sparkle!

    Well I've been and searched around and I can't find anything about Heidi's $50 spending spree. Pleeeeease (pretty please with snowflakes on top) can you post a link?

    I hope you get your snow soon, but just enough to be pretty, not enough to cause a hassle. ;-)

    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jo This is Gorgious! I really love the colours and the image is mega cute too!
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo, I love your take on the sketch. It's a perfect combination of embellishments, paper plus a super cute image!! Love those flowers. You constructed them well. Lovely sparkles too! I hope you are having a wonderful day and get some snow too.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...