Wednesday 3 March 2010

Simon Says Challenge - Mother's Day/Girly


Good morning ! It's Wednesday again already and its time for Simon Says Challenge !

This week's challenge is a creation for Mother's Day or simply just girly !

The Design Team are showcasing Hero Arts products this week. Simon Says Stamp sells a HUGE range of Hero Arts products and their stock of Hero Arts stamps is amazing. They have all the latest releases in store. The only problem I found was choosing exactly which stamp to buy as there are so many gorgeous ones to choose from !!!
If you have any Hero Arts products you would like to use for this challenge, we would love to see them but if not, no worries, just join in the fun and make a girly card using any products you like !

There is a fantastic prize of a $25 P&P free shopping spree in the Simon Says Stamp Store for the lucky winner.

We also have a very special Designer in the Spotlight !! Jill Foster Jill is a Hero Arts Hostess !! If you haven't visited her blog you are in for a lovely treat. It's full of fabulous ideas on how to use your Hero Arts Stamps !

The rest of the DT's cards are gorgeous and a real inspiration. Hop over and have a look !



Now I will be honest and say I did find using my gorgeous Hero Arts stamps a challenge ! I think its because I just not used to not having a coloured image as a focal point and something to work around. I took lots of inspiration from the Hero Arts blog and used various ideas on my card from other cards shown on there. So thank you Hero Arts and your designers and other lovers of Hero Arts for giving me inspiration to use my gorgeous stamps !!!

The DP's I have used are Basic Grey Origins.

The large flowery flourish is from the "Stencil Art" set of Hero Arts clear stamps. I have stamped it in white ink and added some pearls and gems. The tiny flower gems are by Hero Arts.

The large flowers have been stamped onto Basic Grey Origins papers. These flowers are from the Clear Design Printed Flowers Hero Arts stamp set. I have added buttons from my stash to the centres.

The smaller flowers are Hero Arts Neutral flowers and I have added the small flower Hero Arts gems to the centres.

The friends sentiment is from the set "Share Laughter".

The finishing touches were a piece of corrugated card brushed with white acrylic paint and my trusty string !!

I don't think I could have got anymore Hero Arty if I tried with this card !!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your girly creations and hope you can play along with us.

Don't forget we also have a challenge running in our Papercraft Planet group. You can find details of it HERE !!

Don't forget you still have time to enter my blog candy. This will be finishing on Saturday. Just click the picture in my side bar. Please don't forget to put the answer to my question next to your name in Mr. Linky. I have had a few people who are answering the question in the comments box. Thank you but it then makes it fair for everyone.

Thank you for your visit and for any comments you may leave, they always mean so much to me.

Have a great week and keep up with the sun dancing !

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jo, wonderful details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you wouldn't know you struggled Jo, it is absolutely perfect, I love the kraft paper teamed with the green and the flowers and details are gorgeous! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Jo :-) I love this ,,, the flowers and swirl are gorgeous ,,,, beautiful !! :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    thats a lovely card.
    Fab idea!

    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Jo. So creative. I have a new set of Hero Arts on it's way to me so I hope to do this challenge.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this card! It's just perfect! Love all the Hero Arts stamps on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello you!
    WOW!!! This is so arty and modern..... I love it and the colours are fabulous! This is so inspiring and I can tell you must have really enjoyed how it turned out!!
    WOOHOO!!! Your golden ticket arrived then, can't wait ;o)
    Big huggles, Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooops! Didn't realise G was signed in to blogger..... I hope you realised the last comment was from me, lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, gorgeous flowers!
    You're a GENIUS ;)
    Big hugs,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jo

    I love this card and it does have a beautiful focal point.

    You are right about there being so much inspiration on the Hero Arts site, it is amazing!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jo! Sorry I am just getting around to this card, geesh!
    Very pretty look! Those flowers are super cool with the script! Love it!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...