Tuesday 29 September 2009

Simon Says Challenge


Don't forget to enter my BasicGrey Blog Candy ! All you have to do is CLICK HERE !

Good morning ! Well, I think I have just about recovered from all the excitement of the weekend now I just need to get rid of my addiction to Facebook. I've been avoiding it like the plague up until now and now I know why. I keep going back and forth to see how much my strawberries, elephants and fig tree have grown in the last few minutes !!!! I even interrupted my lunch to harvest some crop or other !!!

We have some huge thank you's to say at Simon Says Challenge to all you fantastic crafters out there who helped us succeed in our challenge to get over 200 entries - yes, we did it ! Thank you sooo much. I wonder if we can get over 300 this week ;o) !!! (perhaps I shouldn't have put that, it will give Lorraine ideas !!!).

This week we have a colour combo for you. RED and GREEN.

I was so tempted to make a Christmas card but managed to pull myself back from the Christmas papers and decided to use some old Magnolia stamps instead and make a boy's birthday card (ones I am always in desperate need of even though I love making them - weird I know !).



The base card is black Bazzill

The DP's are the fabby Cosmo Cricket "The Boyfriend".

All the stamps are by Magnolia and have been coloured with ProMarkers

The twine, ribbon and button are from my stash.

The sentiment is a Melissa Frances transfer.

Both the Magnolia stamps and Melissa Frances transfers can be bought from Simon Says Stamp.

We have a fantastic, very talented Designer in the Spotlight this week, my fellow BasicGrey Challenges teamie Tara Godfrey of Inking on the Edge. This gorgeous lady's creations just take your breath away and the card she has made for us this week is no exception. Please take time to pay her a visit and look around her fantastic blog.

Heidi is very generously giving away another $25 P&P free shopping spree to the lucky winner and also some of the DT members have hidden candy for you to win.

Thank you so much for your visit and for any comments you may leave. I look forward to see your fabulous creations for this week's challenge.

Hugs to you all,


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jo :-) It is lovely that we have some variety and didn't ALL do Christmas cards :-)
    Oooh 300 !!! that's the next quest !! lol :-) or maybe we should do baby steps and go for 250 ,,, !! :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Jo!! I'm laughing at your face book addiction..I think a few of us suffer too! Your card is fab and I love this Edwin!! Great colours too! Have a fab day
    , Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I laughed about facebook addition, hope you got my gift.
    Your card is fabulous, brilliant Edwin.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Jo - my grandson would adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME Jo!!!!! I love love love that Edwin with the wall behind him!!! Sooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Jo!Superb card Jo! I love the sentiment, the image and the hemp band!:)

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Country Girl, well, I did happen to notice you had a lot of things growing on facebook :D, another terrible addiction in the making!! Your card is superb Jo, I like making male cards too, I think we are a bit weird :D! Love the stamps you used and your colouring, perfect with those gorgeous papers and design. I'm so glad you got the 200 entries last time 'cos I failed miserably to get a card done for it! Have a lovely day today. Hugs, Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Jo! The brick work looks great and I love how you've coloured the image! This is a fantastic boys card! :)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So CUTE! I love the sentiment and the graffiti in the background!

    Thanks so much for continuing to inspire and being an integral part of our DT!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous and beautiful card!!

    I made a card for the Simon Says challenge.
    Here’s my card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow this is stunning sweetie I just adore that Edwin image he always reminds me of when my boys were young. So sorry it has taken to long to thank you for the piccies, I picked up a bug whilst in London and didn't manage to emerge from the pit that was my bed until yesterday afternoon. It was lovely to meet you and hope to do so again if I can get to birmingham.
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...