Saturday 9 May 2009

Second Post of the Day ! Papertake Weekly Challenge !


I spent the entire morning (from 8.45 am til 12 noon) trying to tackle my ever growing ironing pile. I only stopped at midday to take Ski tap dancing. Would you believe I still have a huge basket to do yet !! Can you believe we have that many clothes ?!!!!

When my DH arrived home from work at lunchtime he thought he had walked into a laundry ! I asked if I had earned some time off for good behaviour this morning and he said yes ! Wooo hooo, into the dining room I go to my goodies !! With DH in bed (he was up at 3am to go to work) and the girls upstairs playing with aliens (don't ask !!), I settled down for the afternoon with a fantastic sketch by Dawny P on Papertake Weekly.

Here is my take on her great sketch :

The base card is white Bazzill.

The patterned papers are My Minds Eye "The Laundry Line". I treated myself to these scrummy beauties the other day and my goodness, do they smell ! The whole house smells and I wouldn't even say it was a nice smell - hope it goes soon otherwise I shall have to put them in the shed !!

The red card is Core'dinations.

The image and sentiment is by The Greetings Farm and is "Rock the Farm". I have paper pieced Anya's hat, dungarees and bows. The rest has been coloured with ProMarkers.

The raffia ribbon is from Hobbycraft.

The brads are from my stash.

I also managed to decorate the inside too :



The journaling stamp is by Little Yellow Bicycle. These are fantastic as they have different corners that slot into the gap (iykwim !). This has been stamped with Brilliance coffee bean and pearlescent poppy.

The dew drops are by Robins Nest.

Just a little titter ! When they all decided to come downstairs Fizzy put her arms up for a cuddle. She had this very funny smell about her and when I asked what it was I was told in unison "alien juice". I didn't ask !!!!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday and see you back here tomorrow for Colour Create.

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Jo,l love the image.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute...I LOVE the inside too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jo, that image is fab and I love what you have done with the inside

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card! The inside is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is gorgeous Jo. And isn't it nice when the little'uns are playing and we get to craft!!!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Jo, beautiful card, fab image love this one. gorgeous dp.x

    I have the same ironing pile as you! really wish i could muster the get up and go to do it lol.

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Jo, love the image, and the papers are fab. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faabulous Jo - super papers even if they do smell (lol). Love your paper pieced Anya and the inside is simple and elegant - love it.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. good morning jo,
    it´s a very nice card, i love tje image!

    hugs
    alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card, that image is perfect for those papers, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thsi is really beautiful - I love the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww this is soo cute and more brilliant paper piecing!!


    Dawn
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...