Saturday 4 April 2009

BasicGrey Challenge #29


Haven't we had some beautiful Spring weather this week just ties in nicely with this week's challenge on the BasicGrey Challenge Blog. The theme this week is Easter/Spring. We would like to see this theme in your creations this week.

I chose a gorgeous afternoon to make my card this week, sun streaming in through the window, the sound of people cutting their grass, birds singing in the trees, my tulips dancing in the breeze and my two beautiful girls playing out in the garden and having a whale of a time together.



The base card is white Bazzill, swiss dots, this is such gorgeous card and so I chose not to cover it up too much. I love the freshness and how clean it looks.

The patterned papers are BasicGrey Urban Prairie and Papermania Retro Floral. These have been matted onto some pale yellow and pale blue card from the Papermania card stack.

The image is Messy Rabbit which my fabulous friend Tara sent to me and I have coloured her with ProMarkers. Warm grey 2 for Messy, blossom and blender pen for her pink bits, lime and moss for the leaves, cornflower for the flowers, yellow for the centres of the flowers, terracotta for the pot.

The ribbons are from my stash.

The Easter egg brad in the centre of the ribbons is by Hot Off The Press.

The buttons are by BasicGrey.

I printed the sentiment from my PC.

The tulips are in my garden !

As always the rest of the DT's creations are out of this World and have to be seen.

Have a fantastic Saturday and see you back here tomorrow for Colour Create.

16 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous! I will have to check out those markers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just gorgeous !! Love the swiss dots base card and the image is very cute :-)
    Lovely !!
    Lorraine x

    beautiful tulips too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply lovely! I am in awe of those who make their own cards. Such detail and beauty.
    Hey, I want to let you know that you've been "surfed". Drop by my blog to see what that means. ~verna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it the layout, the textures, the colors and DEFINATELY the image. TOO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the white dotty cardstock and the pretty papers and the messy bunny is so cute.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowww Jo,what a beautiful card,l love the image.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW wot a sweet card.Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really is fantastic Jo! Aren't these Messy Rabbits just so great? I've used one for my Colour Create card tomorrow ;o) I adore the way you've photographed your card in front of the tulips too, that looks great!
    YAY! School hols have started and I really hope you have the best time my friend! xx

    PS. I'm lovin' the new blog, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card ,love the colours and the image xxxlove your new look blog too ,hugs Dawnxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card Jo, the colours are very fresh and I adore the Messy Rabbit image

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Jo, Liking the colours of your new blog backing :O) fabulous card, love the colour scheme. Have a lovely weekend. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bright cheerful springy card, Jo. I love the image - that rabbit looks guilty!! Thanks for your lovely comments on my card for last week's challenge. I hope to do this one too, a bit out of my comfort zone, but isn't that what challenges are for?!!

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww what a gorgeous card lovely colours luv the embossed background, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Jo -so cute - I just love those Messy Rabbits (I realy must stop calling them Scruffy rabbits!!).
    Love the papers you've chosen and gorgeous details.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jo, I love your card! The white dots bazzill looks great with the urban prairie paper. Also, a great job on your blog makeover! Anthea xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Jo, I am just making my rounds now...sorry for my tardiness!!! What a fabulous card you have made for this week's challenge,hun! I adore your sweet bunny you've coloured him brilliantly and I love the papers...don't blame you a bit for not wanting to cover up the Swiss Dots Card...it is soooo yummy! Now, I must say I absolutely love, love, love your blog!!! It is super stunning! I am guessing the fab Martine did this...super gorg!!! Yes, we do need another good natter,lol! Just too bad that it can't be in person over a cuppa tea!!!
    Big Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and for leaving me a comment. I hope you have liked what you have seen and will visit again.

Thanks !

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...